If you are a car owner, you must be aware of how important it is to keep it clean. Another thing that is equally important is protecting your car. Surely, you wouldn’t want to drive a car with irregularly painted exterior or a car with a damaged surface. After cleaning your car, it is vital to go for car polishing in Calgary to extend the life of your prized possession. Applying both wax and polish to your car’s exterior will not only make your car glisten under the sun but also protect it from getting damaged by the harmful UV rays of the sun. This final step will also render a fabulous look to your car, giving you the experience of driving your old car with a new look again!
Facts about car polishing in Calgary
- In any reputed outlet offering auto detailing in calgary, a car is polished using high-standard car polishing products.
- After car detailing, polishing is done but it is not the final step; it is followed by car waxing that finishes off the entire car detailing procedure.
- Car polishing is performed in order to erase stubborn scratches, grease and dirt that cannot be ousted with only car washing.
- By doing car polishing, a separate base is created that helps in efficient car waxing as well as other detailing procedures.
- Car polish products are available not only in the form of cream but also liquids, sprays and solvents. All these forms of car polish products are equally efficient in expelling impurities from the surface of the car and making it shine and dazzle!
- There is difference between car polishing and car waxing- car polish is used to get rid of any sort of stubborn impurities like dirt and scratches; car waxing is done to protect your car from getting damaged by the UV rays of the sun.
- A car polishing machine is used to perform this process. A good amount of car polishing product is taken in this tool and then it is moved in circular motions. Majority of the agencies offering car detailing in Calgary, use an electric car polisher for a satisfying outcome.
- The car polishing machine should not be used in one place for too long as it could damage the painted portion of the car.
Methods of car polishing
After washing and drying your car, car polishing is done by the professionals, using these two methods:
- Hand car polishing- As the name suggests, car polishing is done manually instead of using a machine. For hand car polish, the main item that is needed apart from the polishing product is foam applicator pads. Car polishing can only be started after taking a small amount of car polish on these applicator pads. It is then done by moving the pads in a circular motion. This method of car polishing takes more time to complete but also gives you the benefit of cleaning those areas that cannot be reached using a machine.
- Machine car polishing- This is done by using a car polishing machine that already has a foam pad attached to it. The machine is set at 3 or 4 followed by the application of the car polish over the entire surface of the car. Finally, the machine is moved side to side or front and back to polish your car effectively.
Right car care should not only consist of exterior and interior car detailing but must also have the finishing steps- car polishing and waxing. It is only then that you can proudly flaunt your gleaming car! Also, your car’s headlights should also get cleaned and restored if needed. For this, you can head straightaway for a headlight restoration in Calgary where your headlights are restored to its brand new state by the professionals.