One of the best ways to restore your car’s lost glory is by opting for car detailing in Calgary. The professionals at the detailing outlet use premium products, procedures and equipment to make your previously car with dirt metamorphosed into a car with a class! Car detailing is of two types- exterior and interior. The main difference between car washing and car detailing is that in the former, only washing is done on both the exterior and interior parts but detailing is beyond washing. Car detailing not only includes simple washing of the vehicle but also polishing, waxing and other steps.
Exterior car detailing in Calgary consists of washing the body of the car, drying, polishing and waxing while interior car detailing in Calgary includes washing and reconditioning of the leather seats, cleaning of the floor mats, dashboard, door, windows, engine and finally deodorizing. By now you must be knowing the powerful effects of a good car detailing service for your car.
Here are some tips to get the best detailing benefits for your car:
- Deodorize the interior- Let’s admit, a foul-smelling interior is the first reason for anyone refusing to get up in your car, let alone the dirty interiors! So you can buy a can of car deodorizer and spray it moderately at a distance of 12-14 inches away on the carpet, door panels, seats and floors. Switch on the fan or AC to allow the fragrance to spread everywhere. Do not put down the windows immediately after spraying; leave it shut for sometime to retain that fragrance. Also, you can use a car perfume and change the filter once a month to keep your car smelling good.
- Include the top edges while washing the windows- Sometimes professionals miss out on cleaning the top edges of the windows and the grime is left settled in that portion. Go for such an auto detailing in Calgary where the top edges are not overlooked. The upper portions of the windows are like secret hideout zones for dirt and grime. So remember to get these areas cleaned while the interiors are detailed.
- Cleanse the leather- If your car interiors are made of leather, keeping a leather-cleaning kit is mandatory. For all those stubborn stains from lipstick, ink or dye, a leather cleaner will provide you relief instantly. Firstly, pretreat the leather using a condition and then begin with your leather cleaning process. After applying the leather cleaner, leave it for 20 minutes and then wipe it with a cloth and end the process using leather protection cream. But beware! don’t let the stains to settle for a long time or else it can give you permanent marks to your expensive leather seats. Even at any outlet performing mobile detailing in Calgary, a leather cleaner is the trusted product to remove such stains.
- Remember to lubricate the hinges- If you use your car heavily, chances are high that the lubrication at the hinges may be lost making it difficult to open or close the doors. If that is the problem, first clean the hinge area with a cloth and then use a few drops of motor oil or spray white lithium grease. To smoothen out the hinge, move it for several times till the motor oil or grease is absorbed. don’t forget to wipe off the excess.
- Rinse prior to washing- Any professionals performing mobile detailing, will first rinse the car with plain water so that the loose dirt and dust are removed and it becomes easier to carry out detailing procedures. So make sure you wash your car with clear water before beginning your detailing procedure.
- Polishing is the key- Do not get confused between polishing and waxing; both are different procedures. Polishing is effective for the removal of minor scratches and having a glazing exterior at the end. On the other hand, waxing is more like a preventive step; it protects the polish from getting damaged while adding more to the sheen. If you dream to drive a glossy car by road, polishing is the key! Take a wiping pad and add a generous amount of polish into it and wipe it across your car exterior. To get the same polish effects like professional car polishing in Calgary, wipe the pad slowly across the exterior so that it is evenly spread. You can also use a polishing tool and adjust its speed accordingly.
- Dust off the air vents- Air vents are places where dust can get easily attracted. When doing a self car detailing, cleaning these vents are also important. Cleaning this part is easy; all you need is a paintbrush and brush out the vents. Wipe the brush in a rag and then again clean the next vent in the same process.
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning- The carpet spread on the floor of your car is perhaps the dirtiest one given that everyone gets inside with their dirt-filled shoes. Leaving the carpets like that for a prolonged time can get the dirt settled onto the floor mat and make it difficult to remove. Use a carpet cleaning machine, that sprays a solution of water and cleaner on the carpet first and then vacuums in the dirt. Alternatively you can scrub and brush the carpets using a scrubbing brush, cleaning solution and water. This method can also be applied on the cloth seats as well.
- Carpet too old? Replace it- If the carpet inside your car has gone beyond cleaning, stop putting your efforts and get it replaced at any Calgary car detailing store. If your vehicle is a second-hand one in superb condition but the floor mats are in horrible condition, immediately go for a replacement instead of trying to scrub it and restoring its condition. From any detailing store, you can get carpets for your car model according to your preferred choice of color and size.
Conclusion- So if you are performing a Car Detailing in Calgary, keeping in mind these above-mentioned tips can give you pleasing results! But if there are serious problems related to your car’s performance, like the headlights are not working or are broken, go for a headlight restoration in Calgary without further delay.