When it comes to severe weather damage protection, it is essential to know how to help prevent damage to one of your assets, i.e. your vehicle. Here are some tips to keep yourself, your family and your vehicle car safe when severe weather threatens.
You must take proper precautions to ensure your family and you are safe. The following suggestions will help you protect your vehicles:
- Know about your vehicle’s surroundings and if possible move your car away from trees or other objects which can damage it in a storm.
- Move your vehicle into a garage or other shaded area to protect it from falling objects.
- You are recommended to keep your car away from low-lying areas that are prone to flooding to avoid water damage.
- Plan your route carefully in case you are using your vehicle for evacuation. Also, don’t forget to have emergency supplies ready and keep a full tank of gas.
Hail can cause extensive damage to your vehicle in a while, so it’s vital to be prepared.
- Get familiar with the weather patterns that may produce hail so that you can be prepared.
- Move your car under a covered structure if there is any forecast for hail.
- Don’t go outside once a hail storm starts to keep safe.
- If it begins to hail when you are driving and there is a shaded area nearby, pull your car safely to the side of the road and wait till the storm ends.
- If the hail caused a broken window, cover the window with plastic or other material to keep any further damage away from your car.
Heavy Rain or Flood
After a heavy rain storm flash floods can take place for 12 hours. Knowing what to do when it comes to handling dangerous situations potentially is important to damaging your vehicle from damages.
- If you see standing water or a large puddle, choose a different route or go around it to avoid a deep hole it could be hiding. Even a few inches of water can splash into the engine to causing countless damages.
- Drive slowly and carefully keeping the headlights on as heavy rain can make it hard for other drivers to see you.
- If you live in a flood prone area, don’t forget to have plenty of fuel and remember the local evacuation routes.
- Brake gently to avoid hydroplaning and familiarize yourself with terms like Flood Watch, Flood Warning, Flash Flood Watch, Flash Flood Warning and others that are used to describe weather patterns and warnings.
Keeping your car well maintained with full service car wash in Calgary by professional experts is also essential to your car away from damages caused by extreme weather.