Your car is your pride and joy. To be honest, it’s the manifestation of your dream. Afterall, you worked so hard to buy your dream car, didn’t you? That’s why, you do everything that’s needed to ensure your cherished possession is always in a pristine state. From picking the best car detailing Calgary facility and availing a complete detailing service to washing your vehicle every weekend, there’s no doubt that you’re completely dedicated to the well-being of your car. But the question is, are you following the right ways to clean and maintain your vehicle?
Cleaning properly rewards your car with reduced corrosion, a glossy exterior, clean interior as well as protection for the paintwork. When you find water spots all over your car’s body, scratches on the paint and you’re car still looking dull, you know your car detailing had gone wrong.
Thankfully, this doesn’t happen when you book a detailing service from a reputable facility. Why? Because the professional detailers always follow this list of do’s and don’ts. Keep reading!
What Detailers Do When Detailing Your Car
- They choose the right soap: We’re sure you must have read many blogs that encourage the use of dishwashing soaps and detergent to maximize the cleaning effect. According to Calgary car detailers, that is the worst advice that you could ever pay heed to!
Dish soaps, from the name itself, are perfect to do your dirty dishes. These are formulated to work on the grease from food and edibles. You won’t find food grease on your vehicle, right? Dish soaps strip off the wax and tone down the paint finish. Professional car detailers always use soaps that are formulated for car detailing and never dish soaps.
- They use a buffer: This is one of the major benefits of availing a detailing service from a premier car detailing Calgary facility – they have access to all kinds of tools required to make your car look fabulous inside out. When it comes to polishing, they use a buffer to apply the polish evenly on the surface. The buffer applies the right amount of pressure and produces a better effect after polishing. You can tell the difference between a hand polished car and one that has been polished with a buffer. The reason? The latter displays a more prominent shine and lustre!
- A microfiber towel to dry the car: Leaving your car to dry under the sun causes water marks to appear on the surface. Professional detailers use a soft microfiber towel carefully and gently to absorb the excess moisture and then leave it to dry naturally.
What Detailers Don’t Do When Detailing Your Car
- They never touch the sponge: A sponge does great work on your kitchen floor, countertops and anywhere in your home. But to clean the car exterior, expert detailers rely on the power of surface mitts and microfiber cloths. Being more absorbent and softer, these materials protect the paintwork and produce the most satisfying results.
- They don’t over-wax your car: Many people believe more the wax, the shinier will be the car but that’s wrong. Applying excessive wax produces streaks and leaves behind ugly stains requiring rework. Professional detailers believe in the ‘less is more’ formula when waxing a car.
- They never wash with soap first: Do you think detailers begin by directly applying soap to the car exterior? You’re mistaken for they first wash the exterior with water to remove loose dirt off the surface. Following this, detailing soap and cleaning solutions are applied all over the exterior in sufficient amounts. This creates a smoother surface, ideal for waxing and other procedures.
Conclusion: Now you know why opting for a car detailing service is worth your time and money, don’t you? Professional detailers are well-versed with the best detailing techniques to make your vehicle look clean, radiant and attractive. Should you be searching for such skilful and competent detailers, walk into Calgary Car Detailing, the top-rated car detailing Calgary facility that offers complete car detailing, headlight restoration, car polishing services and lots more.