When do you best love your car? Of course, when your car looks and feels excellent! Those squeaky clean wheels, the fresh smell from the interior, the spotless condition of the upholstery fabric and the glossy exterior, driving your car in such a pristine condition evokes a completely different feeling. More often than not, car owners wonder about the best way to retain the first-class condition of their vehicles. While a simple car wash is believed to be the golden car maintenance formula, there is a considerable difference between a car that is just washed and one that goes for car detailing in Calgary meticulously. Yes! Car detailing is the tried and test formula for ensuring a vehicle’s top class condition throughout the year.
Maintaining a car is a difficult task. As a car owner, you have to constantly worry about things like changing oils and fluids, testing brakes and maintaining engine health to maximize vehicular functions. Car detailing goes beyond the regular soap and water wash to bestow your vehicle with the added shine and glamour. Wondering what’s so special about car detailing? Don’t stop reading!
What is the meaning of car detailing?
At first glance, car detailing may appear to be some kind of method to make your vehicle look extra shiny. But believe the words of the car detailing experts when we say car detailing is a whole lot more! It is the all-round cleaning of your car from top to bottom, both inside and out using specialized tools and techniques which are not employed in an ordinary car wash service. Sounds simple?
Car detailing also addresses paint imperfections like scratches and swirl marks along with the thorough exterior and interior cleaning. The aim of car detailing is to make your vehicle look brand new. However, it doesn’t entail extensive body and paintwork repairs of the car.
What makes car detailing different from car washing?
Although the purpose is same, car detailing and car washing are two sides of different coins! Car washing is done by washing only the vehicle’s exterior using jet sprays, sponges and shampoos. In contrast, a car detailing service is a more comprehensive process. True to its name, car detailing includes a great deal of precision and effort compared to the usual car wash.
What happens in car detailing?
As said earlier, car detailing is a comprehensive procedure to keep your vehicle in the best possible condition. It includes interior and exterior detailing.
It is the extensive cleaning of the car’s interior and is a much more time-consuming process. When you hire services for interior car cleaning in Calgary, the detailers employ the best practices to clean the car interior with attention to even the smallest details. It includes:
- Vacuuming: The interior is vacuumed thoroughly to remove dust particles from the most difficult areas.
- Window cleaning: The windows become squeaky clean after washing and wiping with microfiber cloth and window cleaner.
- Upholstery cleaning: The car fabric is thoroughly cleaned with an all-purpose cleaner which removes the most stubborn stains and gives a brand new look.
- Floor mats: The floor mats are dusted off and washed.
- Leather seats: The leather seats are wiped with leather cleaner and conditioned later. This gives the seats a polished and cleaner look.
- Deodorizing: In the end, perfuming is done so that the interior always smells great when you get in!
- Car washing: The car exterior has mud, dirt and stains which are removed using the best quality pH-neutral car shampoo.
- Claying the surface: A clay bar is used all over the surface to remove any leftover dirt that didn’t go away in the previous step.
- Polishing: A simple car wash is not enough to give back the shiny glow to your car. This is where car detailing wins! A car wax is used to offer renewed glow and protection to the exterior.
- Paint protection: This is done to address paint imperfections like scratches and swirl marks and keep the paintwork fresh for a longer time.
- Headlights restoration: Cloudy, discoloured and yellow headlights lead to poor illumination. In a headlight restoration service, the headlights are cleaned and their original condition is restored to provide better illumination.
Conclusion: Getting back bright and clean cars is the only reason why car detailing in Calgary is a highly sought-after service among car owners. After all, finding a car lover who doesn’t love the idea of owning a spotlessly clean car is impossible and detailing is the only way to keep your car clean, fresh and protected. From promoting better car health, maintaining safety