What is ceramic coating?
Does it really safeguard the car paint?
Is it better than waxing and polishing?
Is getting ceramic coating more beneficial than paint protection film? Is it worth paying for?
We know you have plenty of questions about ceramic coating. And without proper answers, you can’t decide if visiting an auto detailing Calgary facility and installing ceramic coating on your vehicle is feasible.
Nowadays, the internet has become our go-to option to find a solution for every problem. Even for the above-mentioned questions, you’ve tried in finding out the right answer but ended up getting more confused.
To clear your confusion, in this blog we’ll walk you through the essential points on ceramic coating for cars. Let’s begin!
Understanding the Power and Functionality of Ceramic Coating
What is ceramic coating?
Ceramic coating is a chemical polymer solution applied to the exterior of the vehicle. The primary function of ceramic coating is to protect the paintwork from various damages. Professionals offering auto detailing Calgary services apply it by hand, blending the solution with your car paint.
Ceramic coating creates an additional hydrophobic layer on the surface of the car exterior. It is this chemical bonding that keeps your paintwork fresh and fine.
Top Benefits of Installing Ceramic Coating on Your Car
- Keeps chemical stains at bay: Your car exterior suffers significant damages when attacked by acidic contaminants in the air. Ceramic coating ceases the action of such ruinous contaminants from bonding with the car paint. At a time when air pollution is on the rise, ceramic coating comes as a great relief for every car owner.
- A glossy exterior: Want your car to have the same showroom glow? This is where the role of ceramic coating grabs the limelight! Ceramic coating, when done by qualified car detailing professionals, renders an attractive glow to your car paint. As a result, your ride gets back that shiny, sparkling effect it used to have initially. Yay!
- Simplifies car cleaning: Every car enthusiast will agree that keeping their car spic and span can be a headache. But thanks to ceramic coating, you don’t need to take any hassles of cleaning your car.
The polymer coating doesn’t wear off and it also repels water.
Now, how will that benefit you?
Ceramic coating doesn’t allow dirt, water or grime to get embedded on the exterior. Instead, they form beads on the surface which eventually slip away. Just a quick speedy wash and you have a spotless, shiny car in front of you.
How Is Ceramic Coating Applied at Calgary Car Detailing?
- The car is washed to remove dirt, bug remains, grime and debris from the surface
- Claying is done to eliminate deeply embedded and invisible impurities, debris and contaminants
- Paint correction procedure is carried out to fix scratches, swirl marks, oxidation and other imperfections
- Misting the vehicle’s exterior with an IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) Solution to remove any leftover chemicals, automotive lubricants or polishes
- The ceramic coating compound is applied to the entire car exterior by working in small sections. The compound is taken in a suede cloth and worked in side-to-side and up-and-down motions, covering the hood, door, bumper and other parts
- After 5 to 10 minutes, the compound is buffed away with a soft, clean microfiber cloth
- The vehicle is left to dry for an hour or two.
And your car has a brand-new glow with added protection!
Final words: The key to preserving the appeal and glamour of your vehicle is carrying out regular and proper maintenance. Ceramic coating gifts your car with good looks and vital protection from damages. So, if you’re thinking to install ceramic coating or not, the answer is yes. Thus, should you be excited to enjoy the superior benefits of ceramic coating, get a free quote from us today. Calgary Car Detailing is a leading auto detailing Calgary company offering top-notch ceramic coating, paint protection and complete detailing services at cost-effective rates.