Impeccably clean leather seats are one of the most visible signs that you take great care of your car interior. That you opt for a professional interior car cleaning Calgary service at a periodic interval, a glance at the shining and sparkling leather seats will say it all. While leather seats are the epitome of luxury in four wheelers, without proper maintenance, all your efforts in keeping your car interior in top shape will go down the count.
But behind every glamorous-looking leather car seats, there’s a car detailing professional employing the right maintenance practices. Want to know what they do? Then continue reading this blog!
Essential Steps to Take Care of Your Leather Car Seats
- Vacuum: This is the first and most important step for cleaning your leather seats. Vacuuming is an effective way to remove loose dirt and debris from the surface, cracks, stitching and crevices. Moreover, performing the following steps like applying leather cleaner and conditioner, fetches more satisfying results when loose dust and dirt particles are removed from beforehand.
- Wet wiping the leather: After vacuuming, it’s time to give the leather seats a good wipe with a soft, damp microfiber cloth. Be careful not to soak the leather completely wet as excess water runs the risk of damage. Wiping the leather seats removes any remaining dirt and dust particles and prepares the surface for further course of action. Being double clean is not so bad, you see.
- Apply leather cleaner: Now that your leather seats are vacuumed and wet wiped, professionals performing interior car cleaning Calgary or elsewhere recommend applying a high-quality leather cleaner. This is actually THE product that initiates the deep cleaning effects on the leather surface. Interior car cleaning experts use a leather cleaner that’s tailored to your leather type – aniline, semi-aniline, full grain or ‘Napa’ and corrected grain or Pigmented.The leather cleaner is applied in minimum quantities at a time and worked in small sections. This prevents the cleaner from becoming too dry on leather, reducing the risk of staining and discolouration. Working in small sections is especially advantageous as it doesn’t cause the cleaner to become dry and it offers brilliant results in the end.If the leather is prone to staining, the cleaner can be sprayed on a cleaning brush or microfiber cloth and applied all over.
- Use leather conditioner: What’s the similarity between a leather and hair conditioner? Anyone? Well, both are conditioner which means they moisturise and have restorative powers! The only difference being the former is for your car seats and the latter gives you lustrous mane.Professionals apply a leather conditioner to the seats evenly and generously. It is done in a way to ensure maximum coverage while not allowing the conditioner to accumulate in a single spot. After application, the conditioner should be allowed to stay for 4 to 6 hours. This is the optimum time required for the seats to absorb the conditioner.And what happens when you leave the conditioner on your seats for so long? It keeps the leather super soft, supple and moist while preventing cracking and offering UV protection.
- The finishing touch: Wondering what’s the finishing touch? Well, nothing much. It’s just wiping away the excess conditioner and making sure the seats are fully dry using a microfiber cloth.
Wrapping up: And voila! How super clean, smooth and refreshing your leather car seats look! These are the steps for maintaining the lustre and appeal of your leather car seats and ensuring they always grab attention when you step in, of course, for the right reasons. Sounds too much work? Relax! You can trust Calgary Car Detailing specialists to get the job done efficiently. The leading interior car cleaning Calgary experts are well-trained, qualified and use the best-quality products and tools to keep your leather seats looking clean and fabulous.