Biohazard detailing is relatively more effective in eliminating stubborn stains and foul smells resulting from vomit, milk spill, coffee spill, sods, mice infestation, liquids, fish smell and the likes. Compared to most car detailing companies, Calgary Car Detailing is notable for performing more biohazard jobs. This is possible as we have streamlined a protocol that yields the best results. The tools are thoroughly sanitized after detailing split-up sections of the vehicle and microfiber cloths and pads are disposed of to avoid cross-contamination.
In this article, we will cover what steps must be followed to conduct a biohazard cleaning and why it is important to hire an expert biohazard detailing company. The sooner the issue is dealt with, the lesser it may end up costing and ensure a better result.
What is biohazard detailing?
A vehicle that has been exposed to biological materials such as fluids containing dairy, alcohol, sugars, or pest can become a breeding ground for bacteria and foul smells. A detailing job that is focused on using special chemicals, techniques, and equipment to get rid of these contaminants is vital for properly cleaning the vehicle so you can inhale fresh air. If you’re wondering how to get rid of vomit, drink spills, fish smell or mice infestation, availing an expert biohazard detailing service from a professional car detailing Calgary company is a worthwhile decision.
The Biohazard Detailing Process at Calgary Car Detailing
- Removing Seats : A major difference between a regular detail and a biohazard cleaning is the removal of the car seats. Since the contaminants move freely underneath carpets, without removing the seats, properly cleaning is difficult. A reputable car detailing Calgary company must ensure that every inch of the floor is cleaned. Hence, removing parts that prevent a proper clean is vital.
- Removing Carpets : Usually, this is not required for most spills as they can be extracted out with a powerful commercial-grade extractor. Removing the carpets becomes essential when the padding underneath the carpet has developed mold or there are compartments underneath the carpet which cannot be cleaned with an extractor.
- At Calgary Car Detailing, we can change the carpet underpad so that you don’t inhale mold while driving. If you develop mold exposure-related respiratory symptoms after getting inside your car, you must take the vehicle to a professional detailing unit to remedy the situation.
- Shampooing & Steam Cleaning : A good shampoo in our experience remedies 85% of the biohazard problems arising from vomit, milk or coffee spills, sods, mice infestation, liquids and fish smell, among others. Most auto detailing Calgary facilities only apply shampoo that hardly covers the entire area. It is especially important to pass the hot water extractor with powerful chemicals numerous times. (Often 10 to 15 times at any one area)
The area should then be sanitized using a commercial steamer. Steam can also be blown into the ventilation system to kill germs. Other surfaces like plastic trims and leather should be cleaned with an anti-bacterial all-purpose cleaner, followed by a steamer, and lastly an application of a good quality conditioner to rejuvenate the loss of moisture. This helps to avoid cracking of the interior trims.
- Odor Eliminating Microbial Treatment : In the majority of the biohazard detailing jobs, this treatment is not required, since a good cleaning will almost always get rid of the contaminants and smell. Seldom when the car smells bad even after the biohazard clean and if the customer doesn’t wish to pay for an underpad change, we spray patented microbes from a very reputable supplier. The microbes consume the odour which resolves the problem quickly.
- Changing Cabin Filter : A cabin filter cleans the air that runs into your ventilation system. Often, manufacturers recommend changing it every year. (Consult your user manual). Once the car has been thoroughly cleaned for biohazard material, the last source of odour can be the cabin filter. It does not break the bank and provide clean air. It is important to know that the cabin filter and engine filter are two different things. The cabin filter is often located in the glove box of the vehicle and can be changed at your dealership or the mechanic shop.
- Ozone Treatment : Ozone is a pure oxygen molecule consisting of three oxygen atoms. Because the gas in this state is toxic, it effectively kills bacteria, mold, fungi, and other parasites. In this treatment ozone generator is placed into the car for a specific period. Once the timer stops, all doors are left open with ventilation running to clear the gas before the client’s pick-up.
At Calgary Car Detailing, we have successfully used ozone treatment for bio-hazard cleaning. This treatment should be accompanied by appropriate cleaning. It does not yield the best results as a stand-alone treatment.
- Our Guarantee : Unlike other detailing units, Calgary Car Detailing provides a full guarantee of our biohazard cleaning which means if the smell coming from vomit, coffee and milk spills, sods, mice infestation, liquids, or fish does not go away or returns when the upholstery is dried, we will happily clean it again and ensure that the odour is eliminated.
- Fabric Guard : Fabric guard or scotch guard treatment after your freshly cleaned seats can protect your upholstery from future spills. It creates a barrier so the spills do not seep into the upholstery and can be wiped out with a cleaner and microfiber cloth.
Book Professional Biohazard Detailing Services at Calgary Car Detailing
As revealed above, the process of bio-hazard detailing is very tedious and requires expertise beyond the ordinary detailing method. Many auto detailing Calgary companies claim that they can handle biohazard cleaning even when the staff is not appropriately trained. Often, vehicles are brought to us when other facilities have either turned them down or failed to appropriately clean the vehicle. Calgarians and people from other urbanites in Alberta trust Calgary Car Detailing for biohazard detailing because of our processes which entail carefully analyzing each situation and fabricating a remedy. So, now, you know where to go if your car interior has vomit, milk spill, coffee spill, sods, mice infestation, liquids, fish smell, dog pee, don’t you? Calgary Car Detailing is where we make sure your car interior is 100% clean, fresh and hygienic. To book our service call 403-370-5050.